Thursday, December 1, 2022

Knowing You

Lord, thank you for stirring something in my heart that yearns to know you deeply. This year has been a blessing, you've protected, grown and healed me in many ways. As I look ahead into the future, search my heart for anything that is not of you. I understand from your word that marriage is not our reason for being here, there is a greater work taking place that I've not desperately sought to hear from you. Just as I want to surrender my life again to you, I am stopped by the fear of having to do or lose something I don't want to.

I fear that I've fallen in love a little too much with the world yet I find peace in your presence. I'm never going to be ready for my purpose here on earth but I trust you and I believe that you're doing something in me. I am here to obey and follow you Lord because my way makes sense to the world but it is slowly losing its power over me. I want to consistently seek you even when I don't feel like it and I want my relationship with her to grow beyond the altar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment